HOME > SERVICES > LASIK
LASIK SURGERY IN DELHI
LOOKING TO GET LASER CORRECTION FOR SPECS REMOVAL?
Many individuals across the globe undergo eye surgeries each day to resolve eyesight problems. One of the most common eyesight glitches is refractive error because of the cornea failing to focus light appropriately on the retina. This failure generally results in nearsightedness and farsightedness. Depending on the errors, an appropriate treatment plan is made like LASIK, Femto-LASIK (also called Robotic LASIK) and SMILE for Laser vision correction where surgery is executed to restructure the cornea. At The Sight Avenue, we offer solutions like Femto Second Laser and SMILE technology for LASER vision correction.
OVER 25000 HAPPY EYES
LASER VISION CORRECTION OPTIONS AT THE SIGHT AVENUE EYE HOSPITAL
BASIC PRINCIPLE – RESHAPING OF CORNEA
PRK (1ST GENERATION REFRACTIVE SURGERY
PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) is a type of refractive surgery(Lasik Surgery) to correct myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism. In this, the laser is used on the surface of cornea. It is used less commonly these days.
LASIK (2ND GENERATION REFRACTIVE SURGERY)
In LASIK, cornea is reshaped by creating a flap, removing the underlying corneal tissue with laser and replacing the flap back there by correcting the spectacle number.
FEMTO-LASIK / I-LASIK/ CONTOURA VISION / BLADEFREE LASIK (2ND GENERATION REFRACTIVE SURGERY)
With traditional LASIK, a controlled blade (microkeratome) is used to create the flap (a kind of hinged piece of corneal tissue). With advanced Femto-LASIK, a highly precise flap is quickly created with a femtosecond laser. Femto Second LASIK is one of the most preferred LASIK treatment. The procedure can correct a number of other errors other than refractive errors. Using computerised programming, it is possible to maintain robotic accuracy with this procedure. As no incisions are made, it is very safe and has excellent outcomes.
SMILE (3RD GENERATION REFRACTIVE SURGERY )
SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction) The procedure reshapes the cornea by removing a small lenticule without creating a flap, making it the safest treatment available for laser vision correction. It is minimally invasive and preferred over all types of LASIK treatments. It is the future of all spectacles removal technologies.
AGE FOR LASIK EYE SURGERY
There is no stern age requirement. However, maximum folks by the age of 20-21 have reached a point at which their glasses prescription will remain. The key to being a good contender is that your glasses and/or contact lens prescription should be somewhat stable. We have treated patients 19-70 years of age with LASIK.
LASIK SURGERY PROCEDURE
Throughout the process you are awake. Eye drops are the solitary anesthesia. Sedation is not essential, but you might take an oral tranquilizer. Your eyelids and lashes are cleaned for sterility and a gluey drape keeps your lashes out of the way. Your lids are mildly opened. You look at a blinking red light which keeps your eye appropriately positioned. During the flap creation stage, you have a sensation of heaviness and a grayness of vision. Then the laser is used and you will hear a quick clicking sound. The flap is replaced and it takes about 3 minutes for it to shut. After the process, you will leave with an eye shield and eye drops to help your eye reconcile. Also, your vision might be a little blurred for a couple of days. The process takes under 10 minutes per eye. Maximum patients are able to go back to work in 24 hours, and over three or four weeks, have ongoing improvement in their vision.
POST TREATMENT CARE
e/d antiobiotic , e/d steroid , e/d lubricant- one month tab pain killer sos
- Use dark glasses for two weeks (specially outdoors) to prevent from dust & trauma
- Strictly avoid rubbing of eye
- Do not splash water directly in eye for at least two weeks
- Instill proper medication as advised
- Report immediately to hospital in case of any problem
FOLLOWUP – PATIENT HAS TO COME FOR FOLLOW UP AFTER SURGERY
- After 1 day
- After 1 week
- After 3 week
THE LATEST LASIK TREATMENT FOR BETTER ACCURACY AND MORE SAFETY
LASIK SURGERY IN SOUTH DELHI
Table of Content
People, who for some reason are declared unfit for Lasik Laser, need not fret or worry. There are some other promising alternatives that can successfully slacken the dependency on glasses. Some such options are:
- Implantable Contact Lens (ICL) Surgery
- Clear Lens Extraction
Prior to LASIK vision correction surgery, our professionals will perform a comprehensive eye examination to ensure that you are a good candidate for undergoing LASIK treatment. The pre-LASIK vision correction evaluation (LASIK CONSULTATION & PRE LASIK SAFETY TESTS) include:
Visual Acuity Testing
Keratometry (measurement of corneal curvature)
Slit Lamp Examination
Tear Film Analysis
Pachymetry (measurement of corneal thickness)
Detailed Retinal Evaluation with Dilatation.
FACT, LVCA (Low contrast Visual Acuity)
For your own safety we request you to not self-drive home after the tests as the vision may be slightly blurry for a couple of hours. Contact The Sight Avenue help desk at 011-46660666 to know about cost of eye sight correction in Delhi
- Make sure your doctor is aware of eye-related health issues, as well as more general health concerns or problems, both past and present. Ensure your doctor knows exactly what medications you take on a regular basis, as well as any medications you may be allergic to..
- For one to two days before your laser eye surgery, you should keep your eye area clean and makeup free. Any debris left along the eyelashes can increase risk of infection.
- If you wear soft contact lenses, it is essential that you take them out at least one week prior to having laser eye surgery. Wearing glasses too close to your laser eye surgery may result in inaccurate measurements, causing your results to be less effective. During this time period, wear your glasses instead.
- In the days leading up to your laser eye surgery procedure, ensure you keep your facial skin completely free of any moisturizers, perfumes or foundations. If these come into contact with the eye, your risk of infection may increase.
- Organize to have someone take you to and from your appointment
- Because it’s best to keep the laser technology at a lower temperature, it can get cold in laser suites so wear something warm, preferably something that you don’t need to pull on and off over your head. Anything that’s fluffy is best to be avoided.
- It is important on the evening of your surgery that you rest your eyes and keep them closed. This means you will not be using your mobile, computers, reading or watching television. You will most likely sleep but it is best to be prepared and have something to entertain you (music etc) during your recovery.
After your successful laser eye surgery, have a friend drive you home and wear your sunglasses. Rest your eyes and keep them closed so that they are comfortable.
Ideally you will want to keep your eyes closed for 2 to 4 hours as part of the immediate LASIK recovery process. You may experience mild sensitivity for a few hours but there should be minimal discomfort.
Avoid rubbing, squeezing or touching your eyes after LASIK surgery, since the surface of your eyes are still sensitive. If your eyes become dry or irritated, use your preservative-free artificial tears to help keep your eyes comfortable.
Many patients return to work within a day or two of their LASIK procedure. Be sure to follow the restrictions below and you should be free to resume all of your normal activities.
- Your doctor will tell you when it is safe for you to drive following surgery, typically after one day.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes for at least the first week after LASIK surgery.
- Read in moderation for the first few days after your LASIK procedure.
- Do not wear eye makeup for one week.
- Do not rub your eyes for one month after you have LASIK.
- Do not exercise for two weeks to avoid the risk of injury.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs and whirlpools for four weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid gardening, cooking and dusty environments for two weeks.
- Avoid contact sports that could result in an eye injury for one month.
- Don’t take a shower or wash your hair until the day after.
- Be careful when you’re in the shower or bath. Be sure to keep soap out of your eye when you wash your hair, and watch out for hair spray and shaving lotion.
- Don’t rub your eyes for at least a month.
- Don’t drive until you feel comfortable. Get your doctor’s OK first.
- Wear the eye shield/goggles the doctor gave you while you sleep for the first week.
- Keep tap water out of your eyes for at least a week.
- Avoid pools, whirlpools, saunas, and lakes for at least 3 weeks.
- No eye makeup for at least a week. Toss out partly used products to avoid an infection.
- Don’t get your hair colored or permed for at least 10 days.
- No exercise for two days.
- Wear eye protection for at least a month once you start exercise and sports activities again.
- Avoid dirty and dusty environments for 7 days.
- Bright sunshine may cause scarring, so wear sunglasses on bright days for at least a year.
You can return to your normal work within 2-3 days however rest is advise or two weeks.
Yes,LASIK surgery is designed to reshape the cornea permanently. This means that, once they’ve undergone this life-changing procedure, many of our patients won’t have to wear glasses or contact lenses in the decades to come.
That doesn’t mean that your eyes can’t undergo some visual changes, though. Cataracts, presbyopia and other common age-related conditions can still change the quality of your vision over time. That is a part of life that LASIK cannot prevent.
Study looked at physician satisfaction after they had laser vision correction themselves. These doctors reported high levels of satisfaction and better quality of life. In fact, 85% reported an actual increase in the quality of their vision as compared with when they wore glasses or contact lenses. Also, 39% reported that their ability to perform medical procedures accurately had improved.
So next time you see an eye doctor wearing glasses, it may just be that his specific condition cannot be overcome with LASIK, or perhaps he just feels more comfortable in glasses.
You might, Dry eye is a common aftereffect of LASIK, affecting approximately 50 percent of patients. The symptoms are usually mild and temporary, and they typically don’t last long and can be resolved by the usual tear drops.
No, you must have someone drive you home after LASIK surgery. Even though your vision may seem quite clear immediately after LASIK, some blurriness is common for several hours after surgery.
The actual procedure usually takes less than 10 minutes per eye. Depending on your prescription, and the amount of correction needed, the laser itself only takes 20-50 seconds to correct your vision. However, you need to stay in the hospital for 2-3 hours on your day of surgery.
Modern LASIK surgery can correct reading vision problems caused by presbyopia with a technique called monovision — where the LASIK surgeon fully corrects the refractive errors in one eye and intentionally leaves the other eye mildly nearsighted. The result: the fully corrected eye sees distant objects very clearly, and the nearsighted eye provides sharper near vision without reading glasses.
Two visits – once on the next day and then 2 weeks later. In case the patient has any problem he/she can visit anytime.