Squint is also referred as Strabismus which is a very common problem of the eyes where they do not line up together or they are not aligned together. The person dealing with this problem is have difficulty in looking properly to anything in particular at the same time. They also face difficulty to look in the same direction or point in the same direction. One eye looks at one direction and the other one can be looking somewhere else.
Types of Strabismus or Squint Eye
The squint disorder can be of various types such as:
- Esotropia – Here, both the eyes turn the inwards side towards of the nose. This type is very famous among the kids or infants.
- Exotropia – Here, both the eyes turn towards outwards side of the nose.
- Hypotropia – Here, the eyes turn towards the downward side with one of the eyes is lower than the other.
- Hypertropia – Here, the eyes are not aligned with one eye being a little lower or upside than the other.
Why choose The Sight Avenue for Squint Surgery in Gurgaon?
Getting the Squint Surgery in Gurgaon at The Sight Avenue Best Eye Hospital in Gurgaon offers numerous advantages to the patients. Following are some of them
- Ultra-modern technologies – We have one of the most advanced technologies for the evaluation and treatment of the squint disorder in the city.
- Experienced doctors – Our team of doctors are experienced in both surgery as well as helping the patients through the procedure. Their expertise makes the experience of patient very easy to deal with.
- Personalized Treatment – Our team of doctors and carers provide personalized treatment to the patients keeping in mind every individual needs. The doctors provide round the clock assistance.
Symptoms of Squint
Squint or Strabismus can have various symptoms that when determined should be treated accordingly. The eyes can have squint due to incorrect balance of the muscles in the eyes that result in the misalignment of the eyes. Some other symptoms are as follows:
- Double Vision- The vision of the person can hamper due to the squint which is also known as diplopia. Here, the person sees two images of the same object.
- Head Tilting or turning- a person suffering from the disorder will constantly turn their heads in order to reduce the double vision.
- Misaligned eyes- The person will have misaligned eyes which will be visible easily.
- Eye Strain or Fatigue – A person’s eyes will feel more strain when dealing with the Strabismus.
Causes of Squint in Children
Squint in children can happen due to multiple reasons. It is very easy to identify the causes of squint in children and do something about it to make it easier for children to have a better life. The reasons are as follows:
Hereditary Factors - It is very common for children to have squint issue if one of their parents have the same issue with their eyes. The squint is a hereditary phenomenon and is most likely to happen to kids if their parents are also suffering from it.
Eye Disorder – Many a times the Strabismus or squint happens is due to the various eye disorder including congenital cataracts, retinoblastoma etc.
Injury to eye – The squint in children can also happen due to an injury to the eye or to the head. This can most likely disrupt the muscles inside and can cause the disorder to happen.
Causes of Squint in Adults
Squint in Adults is also a very common issue and the reasons can differ to that to the children. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- Neurological Disorder – The squint in the adults can occur due to some neurological issues where the nerves of the eye are not aligned and can make people eyes different.
- Thyroid Eye Disease – Another reason for the squint to happen in the adults is the thyroid problems in the eyes. An autoimmune condition that creates problems to the thyroid gland in the adults can lead to squint.
- Changes while ageing – Sometimes the issue begins with the age. It means as the age of the person increases, the chances of squint increases due to the changes in the eye muscles and structure.
Advantages of Squint treatment
There are many advantages of getting your eyes treated for squint disorder. Some of them are as follows.
- Enhanced visual - The person will have better and enhanced vision.
- Better aligning of Eye – The eyes will have better alignment which will help in seeing in a better way.
- More confidence – The treatment can make a person feel more confidence about themselves.
- Long term stability – The treatment helps in long term stability of the eyes.
Risks & Complications of Squint Surgery or Strabismus
Though Squint Eye surgery in Gurgaon is generally very safe and mostly an effective procedure that rarely have side effects, it does have some risk associated with it. Such as:
- Recurrence of Squint – The chances of the Squint eye are very common even after the surgery or the treatment mostly due to the chances of not fully addressing the main issue of Squint happening in the first place.
- Infection – The chances of infection are always there after the surgery.
- Swelling and bruising – The eyes can swell up and bruise after the infection and it is very important to stay in touch with the doctors who are treating your problem.