One of the major problems that are faced by the majority of people is the unbalanced focus of the cornea of the eye on objects. This leads to nearsightedness and farsightedness and other refractive error-related
vision problems. To treat these vision correction problems, LASIK eye surgery, Femto LASIK ( Robotic LASIK), and SMILE surgery are carried out to reconstruct the cornea so that it can focus the images onto the retina
to get better clarity. LASIK eye treatment is very safe, successful, and quite efficient.
Why Choose Lasik eye surgery over other eye treatments?
Some benefits of LASIK eye surgery over other eye treatments are correct refractive errors and get freedom from eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- It is a minimally invasive eye procedure that requires a very little incision. The minimum cuts and incisions lead to a reduced number of side effects after the treatment.
- It just takes a few hours to correct the vision with this procedure.
- You are not required to wear eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Safe procedure
- This procedure provides long-lasting results.
Why The Sight Avenue for LASIK eye treatment?
The Sight Avenue is the Best Eye Hospital in Gurgaon with world-class facilities and highly experienced specialists to provide you with the best eye treatment.
- Safety measures available
- Qualified ophthalmologists
- Well equipped with modern technology
- Various payment methods are available
When are you said to be unfit for the LASIK eye surgery?
A patient is said to be inappropriate for a LASIK eye surgery in case of the following cases-
- Any existing eye disorder
- Age-related eye issues
- A thin cornea with large pupils
- Contact sports player as it directly hits on the face
The complete procedure of LASIK eye treatment
A complete detailed eye examination is done on your first visit to analyze whether you are fit for the procedure or not. Once the examination is done and the ophthalmologist confirms you to be fit for the surgery
then on the day of surgery, a small incision is made on the corneal surface. Then manually the eye specialist reshapes the cornea by removing excessive epithelial tissue. Then the errors that cause abnormal
vision are corrected and then the incision is closed. The complete surgery takes 15-20 minutes and you have to rest for 3-4 hours after the procedure so that the doctor can analyze for any kind of complications.
Then, you are allowed to go back home with someone who is along with you to drive you back home.
Different types of LASIK eye treatments
LASIK is a type of refractive vision correction which is done with the help of lasers. There are various types of such vision correction treatments like LASIK, Femto LASIK, Contoura LASIK, SMILE, etc. and the
only difference between these is the type of laser used.
The different types of LASIK eye treatments are-
LASIK -It is a type of refractive vision correction which is used to treat myopia. Hyperopia, astigmatism. It is the most advanced type of vision correction surgery and comes under a bladeless
PRK- Photorefractive Keratectomy is the first laser-assisted vision correction treatment. It is used to treat myopia, and astigmatism but not hyperopia.
There is a major difference between LASIK and PRK is that in PRK treatment the outer corneal flap is completely removed whereas, in the LASIK eye treatment procedure, only a small incision is made to do the
vision correction so it has minimum chances of any kind of flap related complications like dry eyes, irritation, itching, etc.
SMILE- SMILE treatment stands for small incision lenticule extraction which is the third generation advanced bladeless vision correction procedure that uses a femtosecond laser to create a small
flap on the corneal surface to remove excess corneal tissue. It is an FDA-approved refractive correction procedure to treat myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism.
LASIK post-surgery care
After the procedure is completed, you are free to go back home but there are some tips and care you need to follow to fasten your healing of the eye and avoid any complications.
- Avoid eye strain-related activities
- Wear protective glasses and avoid harsh light
- Frequently use eye drops to prevent them from dry eyes condition
- Avoid dust and smoke
- Don’t miss out on any follow-up appointments to check the healing of the eyes
- Avoid touching and rubbing your eyes that can cause irritation
- Avoid makeup or use of any other cosmetic product on your face