ICL refers to IMPLANTABLE COLLAMER LENS which is a vision correcting procedure designed to treat near-sightedness (Myopia), farsightedness (Hyperopia) and astigmatism. These include lens that are permanently placed in the iris of the eyes to improve the vision.
Why ICL eye surgery is preferred over others?
ICL eye surgery is latest kind of eye surgery among others and has been preferred over others due to multiple reasons such as
- Other surgeries like LASIK are permanent but ICL is reversible
- The ICL eye surgery provides far more accurate vision.
- This surgery is suitable for thin corneas unlike other surgeries.
- People opting for ICL eye surgery recover early than in other surgeries.
Who is a right candidate for ICL surgery?
It is very important to select the right candidate for the surgery for certain conditions like:
- A candidate with myopia or hyperopia should have stayed stable in the past year.
- The ideal candidate should fall in age from 21 to 45 years.
- The individual should not be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- The person should not have any other hidden eye disease and should have good eye health overall.
- The pupil of the eye of the individual is also considered as it can create complication like glare or halos.
- The eye should not have dry eye syndrome.
Types of ICL surgery (IMPLANTABLE COLLAMER LENS)
ICL eye surgery is recommended to everyone who have problems with their eyes. They are mostly referred to people who have myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism and not any other refractive issues. Being one of the most advanced surgical procedures, they are preferred for their excellent outcome. They are basically of two types:
- ICL Toric: This type of surgery is used to treat both spherical refractive errors and astigmatism. These issues happens when the lens of the eye is shaped irregularly causing blurry vision. The Toric ICL lens helps in dealing with the problems by using the individual’s customized astigmatism measurement.
- ICL Spherical: This type of ICL surgery is used to treat the near-sightedness or myopia and farsightedness or hyperopia. They have constant power all the time in the lens which helps in the clear vision of the person. They are placed in the eyes behind the iris.
Why choose The Sight Avenue for ICL surgery in Gurgaon?
The Sight Avenue has the best doctors for ICL surgery whose years of expertise and experience helps the patients to deal with the issue easily. Following points can help you understand why we stand out different than other hospitals.
We have one of the most advanced technologies for the evaluation and treatment of the eye problems in the city.
Our team of doctors are experienced in both surgery as well as helping the patients through the procedure. Their expertise makes the experience of patient very easy to deal with.
Our team of doctors and carers provide personalized treatment to the patients keeping in mind every individual needs.
Advantages of ICL surgery in Gurgaon
ICL eye surgery in Gurgaon has many advantages such as:
It has high level of accuracy and precision: The ICL procedure ais more accurate than the other kind of surgeries.
The process is reversible: the best thing about this surgery is it is reversible. This means that the ICL lens can be taken out again.
It provides great night vision: This surgery provides better vision acuity.
Individual can recover early: The patients after the ICL surgery do not need a lot of time to recover compared to the other forms of surgeries.